Thursday, August 25, 2011

Fruit Season

I am trying to take advantage of all this delicious fruit while it lasts!!  I am sad that soon we will go back to just apples, oranges and bananas!

We are having a BBQ for Brian Casey's birthday tomorrow and I will tell you what - I have mastered the art of the healthy BBQ and still keeping people happy.

Sunflower Market for the meat - I get a variety of things so everyone can have whatever they want - Chicken sausages are my favorite though.  They are low in points and cut up with spicy mustard they make me so happy.  Then we grill corn and damn - everyone LOVES that - it's like such a treat.  A giant bowl of yummy watermelon.  Then inside on the stovetop I sauté a couple of peppers, zucchini and squash, onions and tomatoes in a bit of oil with some delicious spices and fresh herbs from the garden if I have them.

I mean that is a plate full of healthy goodness.  Then I do chips, salsa, guac for the peeps who need that and I make some incredibly not ww friendly dessert - that is fancy and gets kudoos from everyone but I am happy with just a few bites of Nick's.  Everyone wins!

No comments:

Post a Comment