Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Let's Try This

Ok - let's give this a try.  We can always create more pages once we get going and see what else we might need.  On this page we can just post our thoughts and how it's going and then there is the recipes link on the right were we can post meal ideas and such.

I feel good man.  I really feel in control for the first time in a long time.  I can eat things I want with some alterations made to them and still drink my wine and I do ok.  The walking is helping me a lot too.  I am trying to get at least 20 activity points a week which is tough but doable.  I am also really focusing on getting my fruits and veggies and water - which isn't terribly hard.  I have lost 6.6 pounds in four weeks and I am hoping to just keep losing even if it's not that fast after a while.  It will be easier on me once I am not home all day.  When I am here most of the day I definitely eat more and snack.

My breakfast options currently include:
Greek yogurt with berries and 1/4 cup of granola
Steel Cut Oats with fruit and a little brown sugar
Yummy egg muffin things that I make with has brown - delicious and keep me full but require some advance prep
Puffins with milk and berries
Greek yogurt in a small container and a banana when in a hurry

For a while I was also eating cottage cheese with melon and blueberries and that was awesome but melon aint that good anymore.

This week my lunch is wraps.  2 point giant tortilla wraps filled with veggies (cucumber, yellow squash, zucchini, tomato, lettuce) sliced turkey and then that soft spreadable cheese - alouette or rondele - the light kind.  A yummy giant wrap for 5 points.  Then I usually have some fruit and maybe some carrots and hummus for snacks - or a cut up apple with Better N Peanut Butter - it fills my peanut butter craving without all the points.

Some of my treat go tos are still popcorn, 1 point popsicles.  A starkiss from the DQ when Nick wants to go get a Blizzard.  Because even a mini blizzard is 10-12 points - which sometimes I am willing to take a hit on but not very often.  I drink most if not all of my 49 extra points in wine.

That's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment